Godwin Barton: Your Presence
Past The Wall of Tears .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Past The Wall of Tears
Saturday, February 11, 2006
 
And These Signs Shall Follow Them That Believe



Greetings!

It's me again! My wife is such a beautiful and supportive person. Wanting me to continue blogging, she went on to blogger for me and worked until she solved the problem of my being unable to sign on. As per usual, even though it may seem to take forever with what-ever it is she is trying to solve regarding our computers, she always manages to fix the problem. Thank you wifey! I love you very much!

I continue to be infatuated with the significance of the number "222" and the role it has played in my life. After its series of occurances in early spring and with no real defining moments in regard to the "manifestation of a miracle," I'd not given up hope but believed that if God had cared enough to send me the message continually, that surely he would see it through to its end. This I absolutely believed, because, he, God, which has begun a good work in me is faithful and will see it unto its completion (Philippians 1:6).

The two most pressing issues in my life at this time were: one, waiting to hear back from an author/editor regarding a story that I had submitted for publication (Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul); and two, another trip to Europe. My wife is Hungarian, it had been four years since we had been to Hungary to visit her family. She missed them so much and my heart broke as I would sit and watch her knowing what she was thinking, feeling, and experiencing inside...especially the many times that we were out together or just sitting at home relaxing, above us the jets would fly over and because of the longing it bred such a lonely, lonely, sound.

These things I just kept presenting to the Father, standing on his word, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28).

It was now June and I hadn't seen the number "222" for a while. I was driving to work on June 2nd, 2004, and I was thinking on these things. As I was driving toward a main intersection I stopped to let a car in, in front of me that was coming out from a back road. It pulled ahead of me and I was absolutely delighted to see its liscense plate which read "DSK 222," (to me it sounded like "Disc 222," immediately I thought on my writing discs at home). I spoke softly, "Hhhmmm. Welcome, I haven't seen you for awhile. It's nice to see you again." A few seconds later I drove through the intersection and did the same thing at another back road, I stopped to let in another vehicle, it pulled in front of me and its liscense plate read "KLM 222." Immediately I thought of the KLM Airlines which we had first flown over to Europe on. I smiled even harder as I said, "Alright. Thank you very much!" "That's it! My writing is going to be published and we're going to Europe this summer." This is exactly how it happened.

By the end of June I had heard from the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" author. She sent me an up-date, an apology, for not getting in touch with me any sooner. They had been very, very, busy and were quite back logged. She said that my story was still being considered for publication and had reached the final stages of evaluation. School was now out for the summer.

It was about mid July. I went to check my mail and found that a credit card company that I had applied to many weeks earlier had issued me a card. I opened the letter and found that it had a five-thousand dollar limit. I handed it to my wife and had her double check it. "Does it really say five-thousand dollars?" In absolute surprise she said yes. I phoned the company right away to verify the information and to make sure that it wasn't a mistake. They said, "No. It's valid. Would you like to activate it now?" Excitedly I answered yes and hung up quickly after the process in the event that they would discover it was an error. It wasn't.

I walked into the living room and my wife was on the floor, reading. "Hey baby, do you want to go to Europe?" She responded, not too sure if I was serious, "Are you kidding? Let's not be like kids in a candy store and go all crazy with this." "O.K. But I want you to seriously consider my offer. I know how much you miss your family. If you're concerned about catching up later, let's not worry about it. Let's just live for today- today is all we have. Things will work out, they always do." Smiling ear to ear she said, "Yes." Then... "Just a minute." Then..."Yes. Sure. Why not?" "Wait a minute. Let's think on this for a few days." A few minutes later we were in our car heading over to the travel agency.

On July 27th we were on our way to Europe, flying KLM. This did not come with-out even greater news. A few days before our departure I received an email from the Chicken Soup author. My story had been selected for publication in "Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul." It was released in stores in December of 2oo4. This brought tremendous joy and more completion to my life. Also, as a result of this publication I was featured in another edition called "Chicken Soup Daily Inspirations." This was released in December 2005. I've been so blessed. It doesn't stop here...it gets better.

I'll write more tomorrow. It's now 1:20 a.m. and I must be going to bed.

Two-twenty-two (222) has been a comfort and an inspiration, as great as the miracle has been...it's getting better as I look to even greater blessings.

It was an absolutely wonderful summer in Hungary. I stayed for a month, my wife for two and a half. I had to return to work in September. I work for the VSB. My Chicken Soup publication took me to Las Vegas for a week in 2005. I'll tell you about this later and how the number "222" factors into this. It has also opened doors for me to do readings and presentations through out the school district. It is opening doors for poetry readings around Vancouver. Life is absolutely wonderful.

We've just completed another trip to Europe. We had one of the most wonderful Christmas holidays we've ever experienced; we also ushered in the year 2006 Hungarian style. It was absolutely beautiful.

I celebrated my seventh year of sobriety on January 30th, 2006. These are only a few of the promises and gifts that come with sobriety. Really, when it comes right down to it, for me, it's all about Jesus and what he has done for me. I give him all the honor, power, praise, and glory.
Without him I can do nothing, I am nothing....but I can certainly do all things through Christ Jesus which strengthens me.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I pray God's blessing on you and I hope you are inspired.

Sincerely,

Godwin B.

|
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger