Godwin Barton: Your Presence
Past The Wall of Tears .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Past The Wall of Tears
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
 
Such A Glorious Day!

It's spring break. So far, other than going out to go running I've pretty much been home bound. I had planned coming into the break that I was just going to stay home and relax, do more writing and exercise. Including the weekend this is day five of the break.

I work out sporadically through the winter months. Since re-committing to my work-out schedule which is what I do in the spring and summer months, I'm on the verge of completing my second six day cycle. I work out Saturday to Thursday, alternating weight work with running. I love to run, since losing fifty-two pounds in my grade eleven year, running has always been a passion of mine. I love the challenge of feeling I've come to my complete end and that I have nothing more to give and I push myself to reach yet another marker. I live in the knowledge that for me to be able to exercise, really, is a gift; there are many out there who do not have this same ability. I've yet to beat my longest run set a couple of years ago of thirteen miles, non-stop. I will do this, one mile at a time. As per usual each spring I start easy. I fast walk one mile, run two, then cool down with an additional mile. I know internally when it is time to increase the distance and further my run just as it will be for my weights. I have to be careful not to let my emotions dictate my ability to work out as "emotional ability" does not always equal "physical ability." Having emotion is good, but when driven beyond your physical ability, this can be dangerous. I love the feeling of working out- it truly does strengthen the heart, mind, spirit, soul, and body.

I've also given as off these past couple of months more attention to my writing projects. This is so rewarding. I often think on where all these things are going- then, I think: "You take one step and he'll take two."

My reason for reflecting on this today is simple: "Hope Lives!"

As written in previous entries to my blog there is the occurrence of the number "222". How, in some very critical moments in my life this number has factored in and has brought some very re-assuring messages. Well, feeling some what homebound this spring break and lack of finances having a lot to do with it, this morning I had an immense feeling that every thing is going to be alright.

My anti-virus software activated its scheduled scan. A scan of my whole computer takes a little over five hours. Sitting on my couch I decided to check its status. The exact time that it was at, in regard to scanning so far, was 2hrs and 22 minutes...222. Immediately I looked at the time on my computer, it was 2:22 pm. There are no clocks in my living room.

I received the message two fold today. How can I not believe great things are in store for me regardless of where I am at personally or otherwise.

I choose to believe and I'm just going to keep on trusting.

Sincerely,

Godwin B.

Photo: Me on the Sea Wall in my home village
Christmas 2008

|
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger