Godwin Barton: Your Presence
Past The Wall of Tears .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Past The Wall of Tears
Saturday, July 25, 2009
 
One Day In Vilnius (Lithuania)

















One Day in Vilnius (Lithuania)


I can’t believe sometimes, the miracles that happen to me

the places that I go, and the things that I see.

Here I sit again, in a strange and foreign land

yet not strange and foreign, for there’s many a helping hand.


The curiosity of the people, as upon me they stare

I’m different; dark skinned, with very long, black hair.

One she described me, as a very beautiful face

saying there’s a peace within- not common to every race.


Many people they smile, as we try to communicate

even share in light laughter- opportunity, a friend to make.

As hunger began gradually, to move me along

“Eat traditional Lithuanian food,” she said, almost in song.


I’m yearning for the company, and I know it will come

of a lovely fair maiden, our spirits be one.

To share with me her country, and all there is to see

of all the wonderful sights- its culture and history.


I can’t believe sometimes, the miracles that happen to me

past races, and color, such beauty I see.

Here I sit again, in a strange and foreign land

yet not strange and foreign, others are helping me stand.


© Godwin H. Barton

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vilnius, Lithuania.


|
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger