Godwin Barton: Your Presence
Past The Wall of Tears .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Past The Wall of Tears
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
 
Up Dates!


Greetings!

I often receive direction from my inner-most being, and as of late, have really learned to follow this. I also have a very, very close friend who is a teacher/librarian. She is an elderly lady who is a christian, born again and spirit filled. In the time that I've known her she has followed my writing career very closely. She has cautioned me and counseled me as she has noted the success in my life as a writer/poet. She knows too of my blog and has asked me to pay special attention to what I post in regard to my poetry and stories. Yes, she has heard me too as a story teller. By many of my friends within my literacy circle, noting me as a very accomplished poet, I've also been referred to as a "Master Story Teller."

I've been blessed as a writer, author, poet, and story teller. I acknowledge this and I'm very, very grateful.

As I've sat and reflected on my success to date and soon coming (major!) publication, my soon to be published children's book- and another project that I am working on, my book of poetry on which I am doing a final edit (for sure this time! I always say this and revisit the manuscript and again...guess what: I always find words more profound, radiant, colorful, and beautiful!)- in some cases, entire verses of poems have changed!

I feel internally the direction to not put all of my work (entirely!) on my site anymore. If you have been following my blog as I know some of you have, you will see that I've reviewed my blog and have edited certain poems and writings. In each case I've left only excerpts of certain poems and writings. The writings, because these are integral components of the book that I'm working on: "I Once Stood Over: An Eagle In the Wild." The poems, a few I've left fully in-tact as I feel these are deep, very meaningful, healing poems that for me helped me through great family loss and challenge and I know will help others. Death is an inevitable truth and something that every person and family on earth will encounter. In view of this I have left poems such as: "You'll Always Be My Baby Sister"; "I Think About You"; "The Two Best Friends of Mine"; and "The Nights Through the Seasons: Brothers Forever," fully in their entirety.

As a born again, spirit filled believer, I've learned to follow my inner voice and spirit. This has never, never failed me. The bible says: "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." As I was thinking on my writing and my blog, I thought, "It's time to revisit my blog, edit it, and remove certain writings." The reason, first, for the many major publications I know are now coming my way and many of these writings are in some way a part of it, and second, plagiarism. I know for fact, as other author friends have shared with me some of their stories, one in particular, of certain verses/lines of a poem which were stolen from him and used in a song, that people do plagiarize.

I'd like to think that everyone in the world is honest and trustworthy; but, in all actuality, this is not the truth. There are people out there who just don't care, are corrupt, and will do what ever it takes to make it, to be in their eyes- successful...even if it means stealing some other person's work.

If you're out there and you've used any part of my writing in any way, shape, or form (without my express written permission or consent) to enhance your writing, singing career, or for financial gain- I will find out. Things, internally, and by dreams just have a way of coming to me. It's always been this way.

I pray, if you've followed my writing you've done so out of appreciation and that my honesty, truth, and humility has in some way touched you and made you a better person.

Sincerely,

Godwin.

Photos: Left: Taken at the Spaghetti Factory while celebrating my 11th Year Sobriety Birthday: January 30th., 2010. My very good friend commented: "You look like an author, an artist."

Right: Presenting to a room full of authors/poets at a major literary seminar in Vilnius, Lithuania, Summer 2009.

|
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger