Godwin Barton: Your Presence
Past The Wall of Tears .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Past The Wall of Tears
Thursday, August 18, 2011
 
With "Heart-Felt Gratitude and Appreciation."



Greetings!

As you may have noticed by the CD Baby badge at the top of my blog page...I have released my debut mini-album "Your Presence," as of August 9th., 2011.

How this all came to be is quite miraculous in itself. It all began with a very, very specific whispered prayer back in February 2011. A prayer about footsteps and meeting someone, also very specific, a meeting ordained of God and blessed of Heaven. I had no idea who this someone was, but I knew that God knew- and the feeling that I had, it was a meeting for a very specific purpose. I could only trust Him. It resounded so clearly in my heart, and in my spirit. As I prayed, it was too that the words were given to me directly so that I wouldn't miss a thing. I prayed that the Father would ordain our every action together, this person and myself: that, every action that needed to be made, would be made, and that nothing would be left undone. I also prayed that every word of our conversation that we needed to speak, would be spoken; again, that no word would be left unsaid. It felt so important. This beautiful, February morning, was prayed one of the greatest, yet simple, life changing prayers I've ever prayed. I couldn't resist- the urge was too strong.

On my lunch break that afternoon, at a chicken stop near my work place, I stood at the till ordering my food. Then "tap! tap! tap!" on my shoulder. I turned, and very surprised, exclaimed, "Oh my goodness! Hey! What brings you here to this neck of the woods?!" My very good friend and colleague, responded, "Well. I was driving by, coming to the intersection, happened to look up and seen you standing here. I quickly spun my car around and had to come and see you." "Wow! What a delight!" Being that we hardly connected in person and would see each other only at our sometimes, bi-monthly meetings, his popping up was a real surprise. Our conversation continued, about work, and an up-coming audit. When we finished with the formalities of "audit expectations" as I'd been through a couple of them already, myself, and passed, he asked, "So! What else is new?" I responded, "Well, you know I'm a published author..right?" He said yes. "But did you know, as a poet, I'm also a singer/song writer?" "No. I didn't know that. What have you written?" He too is a musician and has recorded his music professionally. I told him about my song "Your Presence" and my great desire to record it- professionally. I told him also of the few other songs that I'd written. He then said, "Hey, I know just the guys for you. Here are their names and contact numbers. Give them a call and they'll gladly help you. I know them personally, and they're great." I held onto this contact info for about a month and hadn't yet made a move. Then, the voice within: "Make the call." Then began this incredible journey.

Being a poet, it's almost a given, if you can play a guitar or piano, eventually, you're going to try your hand at composing...music that is. Knowing a few cords on the guitar, six to be exact, I began to write music. For the past ten years I had this song "Your Presence" which was inspired by a very lovely, young lady friend of mine. I've played this song many times over the years for many people; every one loved it. Not too long ago a teacher friend of mine asked, after I did a session of music, story-telling, and poetry reading for her class, referring to the song "Your Presence": "Have you ever considered going professional, doing music for a living?" She then said, "You're very good. You should consider it." I prayed too, over the years, that one day I would get into a recording studio- if anything, just to record "Your Presence".

On March 12, 2011, for the first time in my life, by the Great Grace of God and extremely generous hand of my producer, Jason, of Liquid Tension Music, I was in studio doing pre-production work. Jason, by his absolute and unwavering belief- in the strength and beauty of my music, in the magnificence of his arrangements, took my songs beyond all beauty imaginable. Now, five months later, the release of my debut mini-album: Your Presence.

I am so grateful for everything that has happened in my life.

I had to mail out complementary CDs and "Thank You!" notes to some very special people who are thoroughly promoting my album. As I wrote, this was spoken clearly into my spirit: "New acquaintances in our lives are additional feathers to our wings- that help us fly." I send this to you all also...with much love, respect, friendship, and appreciation.

Thank you so much for your support.

From my heart to yours...Godwin.

Link to CBC3 Page: http://radio3.cbc.ca/#/bands/Godwin-Barton
Link to Website: http://godwinbarton.com


|
Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger